A Mini-Fellowship: Primary Pediatric Psychopharmacology Three-Day Training (May 2022)
This innovative program increases clinicians' comfort with assessing, diagnosing, and treating pediatric mental health concerns. It is presented in a dynamic three-day, 16.25-hour interactive course focused on building skills and confidence in diagnosing and treating pediatric behavioral health problems.
- Identify and differentiate among pediatric behavioral health problems such as childhood depression, ADHD, bipolar disorder, anxiety states (including PTSD), oppositional and conduct disorders, and psychosis, and distinguish these from normal developmental variations.
- Effectively manage psychopharmacology, including a) selecting medications for individual patients; b) initiating and tapering dosages; c) monitoring improvements; and d) identifying and minimizing medication side effects.
- Implement t a treatment plan by mobilizing existing resources. This includes learning how to appropriately delegate tasks by creating an effective treatment team out of family members, school personnel, and other professional caregivers.
- 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 16.25 ANCC
- 16.25 Attendance
- 16.25 JA Credit - AH
- 16.25 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™