PROTEIN MALNUTRITION AND THE IMPORTANCE OF MUSCLE MASS/FUNCTION LOSS, AS PART OF THE DUKE ONLINE CLINICAL COURSE
- This rigorous and interactive online course is designed for practicing physicians, advanced practice providers, registered dieticians, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals who wish to advance their understanding of malnutrition in hospitalized, perioperative and critically ill patients. Participants will learn directly from world experts in nutrition.
- Allied Health Professionals
- Medical Students
- Nurse Practitioners
1| Discuss the incidence and importance of malnutrition in perioperative and critical care patients.
2|Describe the screening and assessment of malnutrition and the identification of patients at high nutrition risk.
3|Delineate evidence-based best practice for establishing nutrition in hospitalized patients.
4|Discuss optimal structure for a Clinical Nutrition Service
Paul Wischmeyer, MD, EDIC, FASPEN, FCCM
Chelsia Gillis, BSc, MSc, PhD
- ACPE - Pharmacist
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)
- IACET CEU
- JA Credit - AH
- 3.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 3.00 ANCC
- 3.00 Attendance
- 3.00 IACET CEU
- 3.00 JA Credit - AH
- 3.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™