- Review the canonical osteoclastogenic pathway driven by CSF1 and RANKL and the regulation of such by proinflammatory cytokines.
- Summarize the regulation of canonical osteoclastogenesis by the mevalonate pathway and mechanisms of treatment of osteoporosis with Nitrogen containing bisphosphonates.
- Review recent findings of a non-canonical osteoclastogenic pathway that is driven by inflammation cytokines independent of RANKL.
- Review a proposal based on recent findings in the Wang lab regarding how the non-canonical osteoclastogenesis contributes to bone erosion in a mouse model of inflammatory/septic arthritis.
Dr. Donghai Wang
Duke South 3rd Floor Conference Room (purple zone)
200 Trent Drive
Durham, NC 27710
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 8:00am to 9:00am
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™