Severe Asthma Conference – Mechanisms, Diagnosis, and Treatments
One day conference (October 3rd, 2015) to discuss severe asthma.
Severe asthma patients experience frequent or debilitating symptoms and limitations in their activities, have frequent exacerbations and hospitalizations, and account for over half of the cost of the disease and most of its mortality.
For questions about this event:
To cancel your registration for the 2015 Severe Asthma Conference please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 19th , 2015.
50% of the original registration fee will be refunded.
After completing this activity, learners will be able to:
- Discuss best practice models including transition of care for COPD patients
- Describe best practices for COPD at Carolinas Health System and Wake Forest University
- Describe strategies to increase diagnosis of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency in various patient care settings
- Describe new drug therapies and new information on drugs used in the treatment of COPD
- Review the rationale and utilization of supplemental oxygen therapy for COPD patients
- Discuss the healthcare costs associated with the management of COPD
- Discuss the efficacy and safety of corticosteroids in COPD- review patient and device-related factors affecting drug delivery to the lungs
- Describe the smoking cessation model implemented in inpatient and outpatient patient-care settings at UNC Hospital
- 5.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 5.00 ANCC
- 5.00 JA Credit