Unraveling the Challenges of Diagnosing and Treating Hyponatremia in Patients With Cancer - Vista Health System, Waukegan, IL - October 30th, 2014
October 30th, 2014-11:30-12:30 PM CT- Vista Health System, Waukegan, IL
Interactive discussion with an expert faculty on identifying the types and underlying causes of hyponatremia, and treating the electrolyte imbalance in cancer patients based on the 2013 EPR and currently available therapies. The discussion will include a case study focused on individualized management of cancer patients with hyponatremia
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE IN ETHOS
(NEW USERS ONLY):
- Before you can register for the course, you are required to set up your profile in EthosCE. Click on the following link,http://continuingeducation.dcri.duke.edu/ then select Join in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. For further instructions please click on the following link to our quick reference card.
- Once you have created a Profile, you will then receive an email from the system confirming you as a user. Click on the link in the email to create your password. You will then notice in the upper right hand corner of the page that you are now logged into your account.
- Keep a record of the ID/password. If you register for CME credit you will need to complete the certification process using the Duke CME Portal.
HOW TO REGISTER/ENROLL IN A COURSE IN ETHOS:
- In the upper right hand corner of the Ethos Home Page, type in the name of the course, Unraveling the Challenges of Diagnosing and Treating Hyponatremia in Patients With Cancer, in the search bar.
- Click on the web link which will then direct you to the course landing page.
- If you are a Non-MD, please choose the payment option below to receive your discount.
- Add to Cart and follow the check out process.
IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY REGISTERING, PLEASE CONTACT THE SERVICE DESK AT: 919.668.8916.
TO COMPLETE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND CLAIM CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Attest to your hours of completion.
- Download your certificate.
- Recognize the underlying causes of hyponatremia in cancer patients to diagnose the type of electrolyte imbalance present
- Apply an evidence-based differential diagnostic algorithm based on the 2013 EPR to diagnose hyponatremia in cancer patients
- Summarize the efficacy and safety of available treatment options for hyponatremia in cancer patients.
- Individualize initial and follow-up management strategies for hyponatremia in cancer patients on an assessment of their cancer complexities and the 2013 EPR
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™