5th Annual Duke Electrophysiology Summit: Collaborative Care and Innovative Technology
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED. PLEASE REGISTER ONSITE.
Physicians and other providers (cardiologists, electrophysiologists, primary care physicians, and allied health professionals) are experiencing the swift evolution of tools and techniques used to diagnose and treat arrhythmias. Nevertheless, rapid change makes it difficult to ensure that electrophysiology-related diagnoses and treatments are consistent with the most current guidelines. Primary care physicians who encounter patients with arrhythmia symptoms, heart failure, and syncope, must determine if these patients are at risk for life-threatening arrhythmias and whether they may benefit from a cardiology or electrophysiology referral. Recent studies have shown a general lack of familiarity among healthcare professionals with current implantable cardioverter defibrillator implantation clinical guidelines; an even larger knowledge gap exists in this area among primary care physicians. This lack of familiarity with clinical guidelines highlights the need to improve diagnostic competence and treatment knowledge among all health professionals who care for arrhythmia patients.
Saturday Symposium only: $100 (MD), $40 (non-MD) [Discount automatically applied to cart]
This event is also offered as a live video stream. Registrants may choose to watch the general session online (for a reduced cost) from any device that can play a YouTube video (720p HD). CME credit is offered for the live stream of the general session.
Course JA Credit Settings
Event Start Date : January 23, 2015 [Networking Reception]: 7:30-9:00pm
Event End Date : January 24, 2015 [symposium]: 7:00am-3:50pm
Registration closes: January 23, 2015
Enrollment Expires: June 30, 2015
Type of credit : AMA
Type of credit : ACPE
Type of credit : ANCC
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE IN ETHOS
(NEW USERS ONLY):
- You will need to create a profile with Duke CME Portal and establish an ID/password. This link will open in a separate browser window. Note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- To confirm your profile the Duke CME Portal will send a confirmation notice to your email address. Open this email message and click on the confirmation link.
- The confirmation link will return you to the Duke CME Portal where you may enter and confirm a password for that system. At this point you may close the Duke CME Portal browser window(s).
- Keep a record of the ID/password.
- Now that you have an ID/Password for the Duke CME Portal you may now login to the Duke CME EthosCE system. See below for next steps
If you already have a profile or once you have a newly created profile for the Duke CME EthosCE system:
- Login to the Duke CME EthosCE system. This link will open in a separate browser window. Once you have logged in, Please scroll to the bottom of the page and click "ADD TO CART" and complete payment to register for the conference and you will receive a confirmation email.
TO COMPLETE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND CLAIM CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Attest to your hours of completion.
- Download your certificate.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify current and evolving approaches and their limitations for risk stratification of atrial fibrillation patients for thromboembolism, and safe and effective use of novel anticoagulation medications.
- Design an appropriate rhythm control treatment regimen through consideration of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of antiarrhythmic medications.
- Select appropriate atrial fibrillation patients for ablation or other invasive management approaches.
- Identify patients with possible arrhythmia-related symptoms and use ECG markers and other clinical factors to safely and effectively reassure, evaluate, manage and/or refer.
Cancellation policy -- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email (email@example.com) or by fax (919-681-7446); attn: Christy Darnell). Registration cancellations received on or before January 2 will be fully refunded minus a processing fee of 5%. Cancellation requests submitted between January 3-12 will receive a 50% refund minus a processing fee of 5%. Cancellation requests received on or after January 13 will not be refunded. In the event that the program is cancelled or postponed, we will not be responsible for any travel costs or expenses, including cancellation/change penalties assessed by airlines, travel agencies, or hotels.
Accommodations and Room rates -- A block of rooms has been reserved at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center, 4700 Emperor Boulevard, Durham, NC 27703. Rooms are $106 per night plus applicable taxes of 13%. The room block will be held until January 5, 2015, but may sell out prior to this date. To reserve your room at the conference rate, please call 800-325-3535 and identify yourself as part of the Duke EP Summit.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 7.00 ANCC
- 7.00 Attendance