ASBMR Webinar: Common Clinical Conundrums in Osteoporosis Part II
The management of patients with osteoporosis frequently requires clinical decisions in the setting of insufficient medical evidence. As a continuation of last year's successful webinar on the same topic, this is a panel discussion of common scenarios where clinical practice guidelines and randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials may not provide clear answers to clinical questions. Osteoporosis experts will provide insights on applying their clinical skills with the best available medical evidence to care for these patient.
- Recognize the limitations of clinical practice guidelines and clinical trials for treatment of osteoporosis
- Describe the balance of expected benefits and potential risks with osteoporosis treatment
- Discuss with patients their concerns with non-pharmacological and pharmacological therapy for osteoporosis
- Delineate the individualize patient care decisions
Instructions: Please Read Carefully
Setting up your Profile
Before you register/enroll for the course on the Duke CE Portal you must set up a profile with a valid ID/Password
Please follow the steps below:
- Access the Duke CE Portal to create your profile and establish an ID/password. This link will open in a separate browser window. Note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. For further instructions and reference use the quick reference card.
- The Duke CE Portal will send a confirmation notice to your email address. Open this email message and click on the link in the email to confirm your profile set up.
- The confirmation link will take you back to the Duke CE Portal where you will enter and confirm the password that you set up.
- Once you enter the password, scroll to the top of the page to see the "GREEN BANNER" that reads "The changes have been saved"
- Keep a record of your ID/password. You will need to complete the certification process and login to the the Duke CE Portal at any time.
Registering for a Course
- Login to your account
- In the upper right hand corner of the Ethos Home Page, type the name of the course, ASBMR, in the search bar.
- Click on the web link which will then direct you to the course landing page.
- Click on Take Course at the bottom of the screen to complete registration.
Claiming Course Credit [after attending the webinar]
If you are requesting Continuing Education Credits please note that successful completion of the CE activity requires completion of the final evaluation survey. You will receive an email with the evaluation link. The ID/password (created during registration) needed to access the link. Please fill out evaluation, attest credit and download certificate
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance