Certified Professional in Patient Safety Review Course
May 14, 2014
New for 2014 due to widespread demand, this one-day course is being offered to experienced patient safety professionals who plan to take the Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) examination. The course can help participants prepare for the exam by reviewing domain content areas and test-taking strategies, and creating a shared learning environment with fellow exam candidates and expert faculty.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE IN ETHOS:
- Before you can register for the webinar, you are required to set up your profile in EthosCE. Click on the following link, http://continuingeducation.dcri.duke.edu/ then select Join in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. For further instructions please click on the following link to our quick reference card.
- Once you have created a Profile, you will then receive an email from the system confirming you as a user. Click on the link in the email to create your password. You will then notice in the upper right hand corner of the page that you are now logged into your account.
HOW TO REGISTER/ENROLL IN A COURSE IN ETHOS:
- In the upper right hand corner of the Ethos Home Page, type in the name of the course, Certified Professional in Patient Safety Review Course , in the search bar.
- Click on the web link which will then direct you to the course landing page.
- List three components of a culture of safety.
- Describe three ways that leaders can model safe behavior and safe practices.
- Describe two mechanisms to report identified risks.
- Discuss a data driven approach to improving patient safety.
- Describe the use of an accountability model in managing behavioral choices and drift.
- Discuss the role of external agencies in providing guidelines and setting regulatory requirements for patient safety.
Renaissance Orlando at Sea World
- 6.50 Attendance
- 6.50 CEU
- 6.50 JA Credit - AH