Certified Professional in Patient Safety Review--Live Webinar
This activity is designed to provide a patient safety review for all those committed to safer patient care, including patient safety, quality, and risk professionals.
PLEASE NOTE: Pharmacists
Duke Medicine designates this activity for a maximum of 6.0 ACPE credit hours. Please login to the ACPE website to self-claim your credits by providing the following Activity Numbers: 0851-0000-14-011-L05-P
- List three components of a culture of safety.
- Describe three ways that leaders can model safe behavior and safe practices.
- Describe two mechanisms to report identified risks.
- Discuss a data driven approach to improving patient safety.
- Describe the use of an accountability model in managing behavioral choices and drift.
- Discuss the role of external agencies in providing guidelines and setting regulatory requirements for patient safety.
- Review, in depth, the six patient safety domains, following the exam content outline
- Discuss patient safety scenario examples similar to actual exam questions
- Assess my own level of preparedness for the exam and address additional areas for self-study
Dan Degnan, PharmD, MS, CPPS
Senior Project Manager
Center for Medication Safety Advancement
Purdue University College of Pharmacy
Karen Frush, MD, CPPS
Chief Patient Safety Officer
Duke University Health System
Erin Graydon-Baker, MS, RRT, CPPS
Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety
Maine Medical Center
Regina Hoffman, RN, BSN, CPHRM, CPPS
Patient Safety Liaison
Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority
Chief Operating Officer
Senior Vice President of Program Strategy
Assistant Vice President, Programs
Donna Jenkins, RN, MS, CPPS
Patient Safety Staff Specialist
Edward P. Lawrence Center for Quality & Safety
Massachusetts General Hospital
Karen Liptak, RN, BSN, MPA/HCA, CPHRM, CPPS
Vice President, Quality, Safety &
Parkland Hospital & Health System KAREN.LIPTAK@phhs.org
Judy Milne, MSN, RN, CPHQ, CPPS
Patient Safety Officer
Duke University Hospital
Dot Snow, MPH, CPPS, CPHM
National Resource Stewardship & Patient Safety
- 6.50 Attendance
- 0.65 CEU
- 6.50 JA Credit