Chronic HCV Infection: Making the Decision to Treat
Friday November 21, 2014 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Durham Hilton A luncheon to follow
Durham, North Carolina
There is limited space available.
The cure rates for chronic hepatitis C infection continue to improve with the advent of highly effective, simpler, more tolerable therapies, and the approval of even more effective and tolerable therapies is anticipated within the year. In parallel, practice guidelines are changing so often they are only available in digital format.
Two workshops will run in parallel. One workshop is intended for providers who care for HCV patients or want to learn more about HCV care. The other workshop is for patients with HCV infection. Physicians and non-phyicians completing the workshop are eligible for CME and ANCC credits.
- Epidemiology of HCV infection
- HCV infection: screening and diagnosis
- Referral/linkage to care
- Evaluation for treatment
- Patient education
- Individualizing treatment
- Medications: cost and access
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE IN ETHOS
(NEW USERS ONLY):
- Before you can register for the course, you are required to set up your profile in EthosCE. Click on the following link, http://continuingeducation.dcri.duke.edu/ then select Join in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. For further instructions please click on the following link to our quick reference card.
- Once you have created a Profile, you will then receive an email from the system confirming you as a user. Click on the link in the email to create your password. You will then notice in the upper right hand corner of the page that you are now logged into your account.
- Keep a record of the ID/password. If you register for CME credit you will need to complete the certification process using the Duke CME Portal.
HOW TO REGISTER/ENROLL IN A COURSE IN ETHOS:
- In the upper right hand corner of the Ethos Home Page, type in the name of the course, Chronic HCV Infection: Making the Decision to Treat, in the search bar.
- Click on the web link which will then direct you to the course landing page.
IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY REGISTERING, PLEASE CONTACT THE SERVICE DESK AT: 919.668.8916.
TO COMPLETE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND CLAIM CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Attest to your hours of completion.
- Download your certificate.