2018 AHA Team Training National Conference
The 2018 AHA Team Training National Conference’s is designed to deliver techniques, tools and innovative ideas to support health care professionals in successfully implementing TeamSTEPPS and improving patient safety in their organizations. Conference programming ranges from pre-conference offerings (TeamSTEPPS Master Training Course and Pre-Conference Concurrent Sessions 1 – 3) to the main conference itself - 2018 AHA Team Training National Conference (keynote presentations to concurrent presentations). Networking opportunities and poster sessions allow participants to connect and learn with – and from - peers.
The 2018 AHA Team Training National Conference is focused on growing the TeamSTEPPS community and providing ongoing education to drive the patient safety movement forward through successful, sustained implementation of TeamSTEPPS.
Innovation is a key element in mapping the future of TeamSTEPPS and the changing health care environment. There is no better setting to experience the impact of TeamSTEPPS in various clinical and non-clinical settings, while making invaluable contacts with old and new colleagues/TeamSTEPPS practitioners from across the country and around the world.
The conference will provide attendees with:
- New, innovative TeamSTEPPS techniques, tools, and strategies that can be implemented immediately to help their teams adapt most efficiently, effectively, and safely to changing situations in their healthcare practice environments.
- Increased knowledge about continued use of TeamSTEPPS tools and strategies in ongoing development of high-functioning interdisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Information and resources to use with their teams to increase the delivery of the safest, most reliable, and most efficient care.
Who Should Register: The conference is open to all – from clinical to non-clinical and novices to experts in TeamSTEPPS and patient safety. The conference is an ideal for making connections with other like-minded healthcare professionals who are implementing TeamSTEPPS and experiencing similar successes and challenges in improving the quality, safety and efficiency of health care in their organizations.
The conference is designed for interdisciplinary healthcare team members (physicians, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, allied health professionals, non-clinical and administrative professionals, etc.), who are novice, intermediate, or advanced in their knowledge of and/or experience with TeamSTEPPS tools/skills.
All target audience members are eligible to receive continuing education credit, upon successful completion of the learning activity, and end-of-activity evaluation. No certificates of attendance are awarded for this conference.
- Utilize innovative methods to support teaching and coaching of TeamSTEPPS.
- Apply actionable steps to hardwire TeamSTEPPS within their respective healthcare environment for sustainable, lasting implementation.
- Implement TeamSTEPPS tools and strategies to actively engage patients and families in their own care.
- Utilize data to measure and support TeamSTEPPS efforts.
- 13.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 13.00 ANCC