2018 Duke Masters of Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery Conference
Learn about the most recent advances in minimally invasive thoracic surgery, discuss the technical aspects of the most challenging procedures with national international experts, and share your most difficult cases with knowledgeable and skilled faculty. This postgraduate course emphasizes the use of video-based education and in-depth discussion of technical details by faculty who are experts in their field.
This activity is designed to meet the continuing education needs of thoracic surgeons, as well as others who may assist thoracic surgeons in practice. Although the curriculum focuses on the most challenging and complex procedures, fellows and residents in thoracic and surgical training programs have also benefited from this course, as have physician assistants and other operative personnel.
After attending this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the advantages and technical considerations associated with the minimally invasive strategies in the management of basic and complex thoracic disorders
- Discuss the conduct of minimally invasive thoracic surgery through analysis and critique of videos
- Explain the process by which technically advanced procedures may be incorporated into surgical practice
- Discuss controversial issues, emerging techniques, and future directions in minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 14.50 Attendance