2022 Duke Cancer Network - Chemotherapy 101
This presentation will review chemotherapy basics for the new or returning Nurse/NP/PA/Pharmacist/Pharmacy tech to oncology care. It will give an overview of types of chemotherapy/immunotherapy and general safety standards and guidelines for working with hazardous drugs, including PPE and spills. The presentation will also give an overview of current cancer drugs and novel treatments to treat and/or reduce toxicities and hypersensitivity reactions.
- Define chemotherapy and immunotherapy/biotherapy.
- Discuss two principles of chemotherapy and immunotherapy/biotherapy.
- Describe two routes of chemotherapy/immunotherapy administration.
- Outline the process for administering chemotherapy/immunotherapy.
- Discuss two side effects associated with chemotherapy/immunotherapy.
- 3.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 3.00 ACPE - Pharmacy Technician
- 3.00 ANCC
- 3.00 Attendance
- 3.00 JA Credit - AH