2022 Kidney Session
In an effort to educate healthcare providers on the latest scientific advancements around the perioperative care of solid organ transplant patients, Duke Surgery Office of Continuing Medical Education is pleased to support the planning and development of the 2021 Duke Solid Organ Transplant Summit. The Summit is a partnership between Duke Section of Surgical Sciences, the Duke Department of Medicine, and the Duke Department of Pediatrics to facilitate the multidisciplinary adoption of new research results and practice guidelines by regional healthcare providers who care for solid organ transplant patients; kidney, liver, heart and lung. This unique regional program is affordable, accessible, and tailored to meet the demands of today's busy healthcare provider. The Solid Organ Transplant Summit will be a highly interactive format to include didactic sessions, presentation of current research, debate and discussion of interesting case studies, along with Q&A and take home decision support tools.
- Allied Health Professionals
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians & Physician Assistants
- Medical Students, Residents, & Fellows
- Utilize novel approaches to increase heart transplantation utilizing donors after cardiac death
- Recognize potential applications and opportunities along with associated risks in combined bone marrow and solid organ transplantation
- Learn how organ allocation systems and access to living donation impact transplant opportunities
- Share expert driven insights into controversial issues, emerging techniques and future directions in solid organ transplant
- Deb Sudan, M.D.
- Carl Berg, M.D.
- John Haney, M.D.
- Jennifer Gomer, Pharm. D.
- Tracie Curtis, RN
- Sierra Nager, RD
In support of improving patient care, the Duke University Health System Department of Clinical Education and Professional Development is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
- ACPE - Pharmacist
- JA Credit - AH
- 5.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.00 ANCC
- 5.00 Attendance
- 5.00 JA Credit - AH
- 4.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™