7th Annual Duke Sports Cardiology & Sudden Death in Athletes Symposium
April 23, 2022
The overall goal of this symposium is to enhance learners’ knowledge and their competency to incorporate evidence-based updates in the care of athletes in order to mitigate their risk for sudden cardiac death.
- Identify the CV diseases that pose the greatest risk for athletes
- Communicate the risks of sudden cardiac death in athletes and contrast these risks to the health benefits of exercise.
- Evaluate and manage athletes who present with CV symptoms or may be at risk of cardiac involvement after recent COVID-19 infection.
- Recognize the diagnosis, frequency and management of myocarditis related to COVID-19 or to vaccination to prevent COVID-19.
- Communicate the current status of evaluating orthostatic and other ongoing issues in athletes after COVID-19 infection.
- Be familiar with the unique characteristics of evaluation of pilots and how this may relate to athletes at risk of arrhythmias or other incapacitating.
- 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 3.75 Attendance
- 3.75 JA Credit - AH
- 3.75 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™