ACADEMY FOR ACADEMIC MEDICAL CENTER COACHING: CORE SKILLS FOR COACHING
Core Skills for Coaching is a 30 hour coach training program that teaches essential skills needed to increase organizational and patient care impact in academic medical center (or equivalent) settings. This experiential and evidence-based program, custom tailored for people who want to use coaching in academic medical centers, includes both synchronous and asynchronous learning. Participants will develop their skills through practice, large and small group activities, reflection and reading. A significant amount of time will be spent in small, mentor coach facilitated groups, where participants practice various coaching skills. The mentor coach provides specific input and feedback to expand their coaching acumen. Course content includes a dedicated application to Academic Medical Centers, and a strong incorporation of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Mindfulness. Program includes 4 hours of asynchronous learning and 26 hours of synchronous learning.
- Learn the application of coaching within Academic Medical Centers
- Research evidence demonstrating the positive effects of coaching
- Learn the coaching mindset: What it is and when to apply it?
- Practice foundational coaching skills: establishing trust, listening, asking questions, creating awareness, designing actions, planning and goal setting
- Practice coaching through the lens of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Practice mindfulness and its application to coaching
- 30.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 30.00 ACPE - Pharmacy Technician
- 30.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 30.00 ANCC
- 30.00 Attendance
- 3.00 IACET CEU
- 30.00 JA Credit - AH
- 30.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™