BEYOND THE BETES: FLOZINS IN FAILURE
December 12, 2022
- SGLT2 Inhibitors in Heart Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Compare and contrast characteristics of different SGLT2 inhibitors.
- Evaluate how recent SGLT2 inhibitor literature in patients with HFrEF, HFmrEF, HFpEF and CKD led to inclusion of this medication into both the AHA and KDIGO guidelines
- Recognize why patients without concomitant type II diabetes may still benefit from inclusion of a SGLT2 inhibitor using recent literature
- Review guidelines from the AHA and KDIGO detailing their recommendations on SGLT2 inhibitor use in patients with HF and CKD.
- Identify patients with HF or CKD that would benefit from inclusion of a SGLT2 inhibitor in their treatment plan.
Durham, NC 27705
- David Scott:
- 1.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 1.00 Attendance