October 20, 2022
- This program will offer a brief overview of the various presentations and causes of dementia. We will also discuss potential strategies to support care partners, caregivers and hospice workers as they communicate with individuals living with dementia about death and dying. We will conclude with an overview of community resources available to families as they support their loved one living dementia.
- Allied Health Professionals
- Nurse Practitioners
- Identify the four most common causes of dementia and their related symptoms.
- Learn several communication strategies to use when talking with people with dementia about dying and death.
- Identify dementia resources for families who need additional support or information.
Durham, NC 27705
- Natalie Leary, MSW, LCSW
Committee member, Speaker
- IACET CEU
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 IACET CEU