DUKE TELESTROKE SYMPOSIUM 2022
November 10, 2022
- The Duke Telestroke physicians will be hosting an educational event for the six external and two internal spoke hospitals associated with the Duke Telestroke Network. The emphasis will be on the role of EMS, acute surgical management of stroke (to include interventions such as thrombectomy and carotid stenosis management), and post-stroke rehabilitation. The event will be open to all staff at the associated facilities. Topics will be presented by Duke Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, and a Doctor of Physical Therapy, and the venue will be virtual.
- Explain the role of EMS in the stroke care chain of survival.
- Discuss the current practice guidelines for acute surgical management of stroke.
- Examine how advances in Telerehabilitation can help meet best practice guidelines for stroke recovery.
- Wayne Feng, MD, MS
- Swaroop Pawar, MD, MPH
- David Hasan, MD
- Jody Feld, PT, DPT, PhD
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 ANCC
- 2.00 Attendance