HCV PI Tier 2 – HCV Treatment: Step by Step (Live Synchronous Webinar)
Hepatitis C (HCV) is a major health problem. It can lead to cirrhosis, liver failure, or liver cancer and is the nation’s leading reason for liver transplants. This illness now causes more deaths than HIV in the United States. HCV is particularly a problem for baby boomers; nearly 75 percent of Americans with hepatitis C were born between 1945 and 1965. Effective treatment is vital to cure patients and prevent progression and deaths from cirrhosis and liver cancer.
The program features baseline knowledge about the care of the patient with Hepatitis C, including a review of the pathophysiology of Hepatitis C, the recommended quality and performance metrics, and the systemic or patient challenges that a healthcare provider might face during the care of Hepatitis C patients. Participants will also learn about new DAA therapies and other soon-to-be released Hepatitis C treatments; including how to implement the new agents, review of the specific treatment algorithms as approved by the FDA, monitoring for side effects, and challenges of timing viral load determinations.
- If you are new user for the Duke CME Learning Management, enrollment in the course requires you to create a user profile. Click on JOIN at the top right corner Or REGISTER at the bottom of the screen to create a profile. To learn about EthosCE and how to register for courses, please visit https://www.dcri.org/cee/education/ethosce-learning-center
- If you are an exsisting user of the Duke CME Learning Management, please use the username and password created earlier to log in and jump to step 3
- Once you have created a profile, you will receive an email from the system confirming you as a user. Click on the link in the email and set your password. Once you enter your password and submit, A GREEN banner appears stating your password is changed. You may see the same password entering boxes.
- Then go back to HCV Tier 2 – HCV Treatment: Step by Step (Live Synchronous Webinar) Course Landing page and register for the Conference by selecting one of the courses and then click “Add selected activities to cart” Button. [if you don’t see the “Add selected activities to cart” and then you need to log in first]
- You should receive an email confirming your registration to the course
For question/concerns, please contact Duke CME at email@example.com or call (919) 401-1200.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance