Hypertension - A Standardized Approach for Primary Care Providers (ENDURING)
This course will present a standardized approach to hypertension management in 2019: content will review the most recent guidelines from JNC and AHA/ACC, evidence to support current blood pressure targets, and a stepwise treatment algorithm.
primary care providers (MDs, DOs, and PAs who are part of the Duke Primary Care network and any other interested parties.
1. Describe key recommendations of the AHA/ACC hypertension guideline
2. Describe the SPRINT trial and its main findings
3. Discuss the importance of out-of-office BP Monitoring
4. Discuss best practices for office BP measurements
5. Identify a standardized approach for treatment with anti-hypertensive medications
6. Discuss tips for managing resistant hypertension
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance