MINDFUL YOGA FOR CHRONIC PAIN -NOVEMBER 2022
November 2, 2022 to November 6, 2022
- The Mindful Yoga for Chronic Pain Professional Training is a unique 36-hour intensive coursefor yoga teachers, physical therapists, mental health therapists and other healthcareproviders who wish to explore an innovative evidence-based program that provides lastingrelief by addressing the neuroplasticity underlying chronic pain. The course is informed bythe presenters’ decades of dedicated study of the yoga tradition—including Jim Carson’s20+ years as a swami (monk)—with an emphasis on meditation and wisdom teachings. Thepresenters’ extensive clinical research has repeatedly shown this approach leads tosignifi cantly less pain, fatigue and emotional distress while increasing vigor, healthyacceptance, and relaxation.
- Allied Health Professionals
- How to effectively and safely teach yoga-based practices to people living with chronic pain
- Overview of common chronic pain conditions such as backpain, fibromyalgia, and neuropathic pain.
- Evidence-based modules for chronic pain-related challenges such as fatigue and emotional distress.
- Tailoring postures and breathing practices for chronic pain processes
- Contexting classical yoga teachings in accessible language Effective and clear ways of presenting models of stress
- Guidance for working with the mind
Durham, NC 27705
- Kimberly Carson
- Jim Carson
- Samantha Mendelowitz
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)
- IACET CEU
- JA Credit - AH
- 32.00 Attendance