SAFE CHOICES FOR MANAGERS - Oct 18, 2022
The purpose of this course is to enable managers to enhance awareness of systems theory and its contribution to medical error. Attendees will also gain knowledge of Just Culture principles and application and serious event investigation concepts.
- Allied Health Professionals
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Speech Pathologists
- Describe the Just Culture.
- Discuss the difference between human error and risk-taking behavior.
- Discuss the relationship of risk-taking behaviors and incentives.
- Discuss the impact of system contributions to medical error.
- Describe the steps of event analysis, discuss outcomes of event analysis and implications for managers.
- Describe the impact of manager decisions in selected scenarios of risky behaviors.
- ACPE - Pharmacist
- IACET CEU
- JA Credit - AH
- 4.00 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 ANCC
- 4.00 Attendance
- 0.40 IACET CEU
- 4.00 JA Credit - AH
- 4.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™