“Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Risk Assessment for Sudden Death”
1. Explore the diverse views on the natural history and assessment of risk for sudden death.
2. Identify the clinical, morphologic and genetic spectrum of HCM.3. Identify mechanisms responsible for adverse clinical events and natural history.
- Review the development history of echocardiography practice and research at Duke
- Summarize the evidence from guideline documents supporting current practice and define some "evidence gaps" in echocardiography-guided therapy.
- Describe, using case examples, the capacity of available reporting systems to serve as a "learning health system" to inform future cardiovascular practice.