Interventional Echocardiography: Ready for Primetime?
Zainab Samad, MD, MHS
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Duke University Medical Center
· List structural heart disease interventional procedures where echocardiography can provide support.
· Describe echocardiographic modalities that can be used to support interventions in structural heart disease
· Training Needs and Requirements in Interventional Echocardiography
Global Learning Objectives
- Review the development history of echocardiography practice and research at Duke
- Summarize the evidence from guideline documents supporting current practice and define some "evidence gaps" in echocardiography-guided therapy.
- Describe, using case examples, the capacity of available reporting systems to serve as a "learning health system" to inform future cardiovascular practice.
Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Ampitheater Room 0916
Duke South, Lower Level, Food Court LobbyDuke South