Duke Tuesday in Urology - Feb 17, 2015
Offering presentations by Duke Faculty and nationally recognized guest lecturers, this course is designed to offer updates, as well as improve the knowledge base of urologists by addressing current technologies and therapies that provide the utmost, least invasive care to patients. Furthermore, discussion topics will focus on the future of this viable surgical specialty with techniques proven successful at both Duke University’s state of the art medical center and healthcare facilities around the country.
These postgraduate courses will be of value to private practice urologists, pediatricians, genitourinary oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, urologic and research faculty, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses from adjoining cities and states.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to
- • Determine whether open surgery is a viable option
- • Translate the data comparing open and robotic prostatectomy
- • Describe readmission rates and outcomes of robotic and open prostatectomy
- • Explain how to lower OR times and costs for robotic prostatectomy
- • Assess differences in technique and outcomes between different treatments for BPH
- • Interpret AUA guidelines for the diagnosis and work-up for boys with unilateral and bilateral undescended testes
- • Recognize latest approaches to surgical management of cryptorchidism
- • Discuss perioperative interventions that are proven to improve patient outcomes
- • Describe Risk Stratification Criteria
- • Define “low-risk prostate cancer” concept and it’s pathologic rationale
- • Review the role of pathology in selection for active surveillance
For Registration for Duke Tuesday: http://urology.surgery.duke.edu/education-and-training/continuing-medical-education-cme/duke-tuesday-urology
For registration questions, please contact Duke Conference Services at ConferenceServices@duke.edu or call 919-660-1760.
For course questions, please contact Robin Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-668-3532 2033
For all questions related to using Ethos or your account, contact Duke CME Service Desk: Phone: 919-668-8916 or Email: email@example.com
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Attendance