Duke Tuesday in Urology - November 7, 2017
Offering presentations by Duke Faculty and nationally recognized guest lecturers, this course is designed to offer updates, as well as improve the knowledge base of providers and health care professionals by addressing current technologies and therapies that provide the utmost, least invasive care to patients. Furthermore, discussion topics will focus on the future of this viable surgical specialty with techniques proven successful at both Duke University’s state of the art medical center and healthcare facilities around the country.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to
- Interpret the key findings of the national cooperative trials in urinary incontinence carried out by the Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network
- Review anatomic defects that arise following radical prostatectomy and the surgical treatment options for post prostatectomy stress urinary incontinence
- Evaluate transobturator retrourethral slings from the perspective of mode of action, patient selection for the procedure, and clinical outcome with special emphasis on changes in practice patterns, diagnosis, and treatment over the last 10 years
- Analyze the latest information regarding germ line mutation testing for men with metastatic and presumed hereditary prostate cancer
- Examine updates related to somatic tumor molecular testing for making better treatment decisions in localized prostate cancer patients
- Understand selected new pathologic entities and their main histologic features
- Correlate clinical findings with pathology feature
- Understand the subtleties of pathology reports
To Register for Duke Tuesday in Urology: http://events.duke.edu/tuesdays2017
*Registration is complimentary to Duke Faculty and Staff.
For registration questions, please contact Duke Conference Services at ConferenceServices@duke.edu or call 919-660-1760.
For course questions, please contact Robin Phillips at email@example.com or call 919-668-3532
For all questions related to using Ethos or your account, contact Duke Clinical Education & Professional Development: Phone: 919-477-2644 or Email: CEPD-JAC@dm.duke.edu.
- 4.00 ANCC
- 4.00 Attendance
- 4.00 JA Credit