FAST STEMI Regional Systems of Care March 2015
FAST-STEMI is a new quality improvement initiative designed to foster collaboration among all healthcare providers who care for patients who have ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) in a specific regional geography. The ultimate goal of the FAST-STEMI program is to facilitate the development of integrated regional systems of STEMI care by local leaders that allow for the rapid reperfusion for all STEMI patients.
- Identify the components of a successful emergency cardiovascular care system.
- Establish a care team of stakeholders and have competence and ability to build, administer, evaluate, and continually improve regional STEMI systems.
- Build and/or enhance a regional integrated system for STEMI reperfusion that includes EMS, emergency medicine and cardiology in PCI and non-PCI centers.
- Employ optimal systems and strategies for diagnosis and management of STEMI, including destination and transfer protocols based on clinical trials evidence, practice guidelines, and quality of care standards.
- Describe existing successful STEMI regional plans that are pertinent to a wide array of geographical and political realities.
- Discuss pros and cons of the current system practices
- Identify collaborative solutions to overcome existing barriers to coordinated regional STEMI care.
- Establish training of paramedics and emergency medicine nurses in ECG interpretation and other functions related to STEMI systems.
- 5.00 Attendance