Geriatric Education Center (GEC) Inter-Professional Collaborative Practice (IPEC) Workshop Series [Session: April 25, 2014]
We are all striving to improve the quality of care we provide our older patients. This is hard work in this age of complex problems and even more complex systems. One key to better care is a better team. Healthcare practitioners need to work together and communicate effectively as members of inter-professional teams to solve problems. However, many practitioners have never had formal training in effective inter-professional practice. This workshop provides that training for teams striving to improve their performance. Based on the Core Competencies for Inter-professional Collaborative Practice published by the Inter-professional Education Collaborative (IPEC), this workshop will utilize didactic presentations, facilitated discussions, experiential team development exercises, hands-on activities and reflective exercises, all with a focus on improving care. Each workshop is 3.5 hours.
INSTRUCTIONS: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
To register for Geriatric Education Center (GEC) Inter-Professional Collaborative Practice (IPEC) Workshop Series [Session: March 21, 2014] you must set up a profile with a valid ID/Password on the Duke CME Portal.
If you do NOT have a profile for the Duke CME Portal.
- You will need to register with Duke CME Portal and establish an ID/password. This link will open in a separate browser window. Note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- To confirm your registration the Duke CME Portal will send a confirmation notice to your email address. Open this email message and click on the confirmation link.
- The confirmation link will return you to the Duke CME Portal where you may enter and confirm a password for that system. At this point you may close the Duke CME Portal browser window(s).
- Keep a record of the ID/password. If you register for CME credit you will need to complete the certification process using the Duke CME Portal.
- Now that you have a ID/Password for the Duke CME Portal (note that the registration/confirmation process does not log you in to the system), you may proceed to the following step.
If you already have a profile for the Duke CME EthosCE system:
- Login to the Duke CME EthosCE system. This link will open in a separate browser window. Once you have logged in, click "Take Course" and you will receive an confirmation email.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe key competencies required for effective teamwork across professions to improve health outcomes.
- Analyze your team’s performance with respect to the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values that demonstrate proficiency in the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice.
- Apply the interprofessional competencies in the evaluation of a team case as well as your team to improve team function and ultimately improve care outcomes in your own work environment.
TO COMPLETE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND CLAIM CREDITS:
- Complete the post-test.
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Attest to your hours of completion.
- Download your certificate.
- 4.00 Attendance
- 0.30 CEU
- 4.00 JA Credit - AH