HCV Council 2014: Critical Appraisal of Data: Recommendations for Clinical Practice in a Rapidly Evolving Therapeutic Landscape
The purpose of the intensive two-day council meeting is to convene the top thought leaders to discuss and evaluate current data on emerging therapies for chronic HCV. To analyze key specific information related to advances in patient selection, optimizing use of current and in development therapeutic options, and management of adverse events.
Date and Time
July 10, 2014: 4 pm - 9 pm
July 11, 2014: 8 am - 3 pm
- Assess new HCV treatment regimens in treatment-naive patients by evaluating evidence-based clinical data on the safety, efficacy, and impact of patient characteristics, treatment protocols and duration to assist in clinical decision-makeing.
- Evaluate evidence-based medicine and clinical data to determine how to utilize new HCV treatment regimens in treatment experienced patients in order to individualize care and improve patient health and outcomes.
- Evaluate the use of interferon-based versus interferon-free regimens for the treatment of HCV.
- Incorporate emerging data on current combination therapies in subpopulations of HCV patients into treatment decision-making for those with cirrhosis, co-infections, or transplant.
- 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™