Managing Hereditary Cancer in Community Practice
Profile Set Up Instructions
Before you register/enroll for any course on the Duke CE Portal you must set up a profile with a valid ID/Password
If you do NOT have a profile for the Duke CE Portal, please follow the steps below:
- Access the Duke CE Portal to create your profile and establish an ID/password. This link will open in a separate browser window. Note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. For further instructions and reference use the quick reference card
- The Duke CE Portal will send a confirmation notice to your email address. Open this email message and click on the link in the email to confirm your profile set up.
- The confirmation link will take you back to the Duke CE Portal where you will enter and confirm the password that you set up.
- Once you enter the password, scroll to the top of the page to see the "GREEN BANNER" that reads "The changes have been saved"
- Keep a record of your ID/password. You will need to complete the certification process and login to the the Duke CE Portal at any time.
How to Register/Enroll Into a Course in ETHOS
- In the upper right hand corner of the Ethos Home Page, type in the name of the course, Managing Hereditary Cancer in Community Practice, in the search bar.
- Click on the web link which will then direct you to the course landing page.
- Click on Take Course at the bottom of the page to complete the registration process.
- Upon completion of registration, a confirmation email will be sent providing the course details.
1. Identify personal and family health history to tailor preventive care decision making and learn about MeTree, a tool for faclilitating this approach.
2. Identify the evolution of strategies for hereditary cancer genetic testing.
3. Identify risk factors for Lynch Syndrome and necessary cancer surveillance in this unique population.
4. Identify 3 topics commonly discussed during pre-test genetric counseling.
- 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™