November 4, 2014 - Duke Tuesday in Urology [Webcast]
One of the greatest challenges of the practicing urologist is staying abreast of the many changes in the field. Offering presentations by Duke Faculty and nationally recognized guest lecturers, this course is designed to offer that update, as well as improve the knowledge base of urologists by addressing current issues and technologies in the practice of Urology.
- Outline an evidence based approach to managing complex scenarios in penile implant surgery.
- Identify the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative nuances to avoid complications and maximize outcomes with penile implant revision.
- Assess indications and options for the management of complex renal and ureteral calculi
- Describe appropriate approaches for renal and ureteral endoscopic access
- Identify basic principles of intracorporeal stone fragmentation
- Establish an effective algorithm for the management of ureteral and renal calculi
- Recognize the epidemiology and risk factors for recurrent UTI
- Define new principles in the molecular basis of recurrent UTI
- Identify alternative clinical approaches to preventing recurrent UTI.
- Describe the approach to Hypospadias repair gaining a roadmap to assist in the decision of which repair is appropriate for each individual patient
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Attendance