Perioperative Surgical Home Boot Camp 2017
The overall purpose of the Perioperative Care Boot Camp is to provide a practical foundation to clinicians who are interested in creating a Perioperative Surgical Home (PSH) or Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) care model in their organization. The course focuses on the 'nuts and bolts' of establishing such a program, as well as provides understanding of the essential concepts of Perioperative Medicine, value based care and collaborative care. The hallmark of the Perioperative Care Boot Camp is a hands-on approach and deep understanding of how to build an ERAS or PSH program at your institution.
1. Identify strategies for providers to adopt new approaches to achieve perioperative care.
2. Identify the components of a successful Perioperative Surgical Home model.
3. Establish a care team of stakeholders to build, administer, evaluate and continually improve perioperative care.
4. Identify collaborative solutions to overcome existing barriers to coordinated perioperative care.
5. Implement strategies that are helpful in discharging patients the same day.
6. Discuss pros and cons of the current system practices.
7. Recognize the importance and use of data collection, analyses, and feedback.
8. Assess and continuously evaluate the progress using metrics and provide feedback for necessary quality improvement
9. Recognize and evaluate the need for improving quality, safety, accountability and transparency in the US healthcare.
10. Understand the principles of change management and strategic thinking as they relate to implementing the PSH model.
- 17.00 ANCC
- 17.00 Attendance
- 17.00 JA Credit - AH