Research Techniques Made Simple (Journal-Based CME) - (RTMS) - 2014
Journal-Based Translational Education in Dermatology: Research Techniques Made Simple
The Research Techniques Made Simple (RTMS) articles help demystify science and allow readers to better appreciate the scientific base of dermatology. Our goal is to allow readers to better understand the featured technique as well as the results and outcomes of studies that employ it. Each RTMS article explains in simple terms a widely used laboratory or clinical-research technique that has been employed in recent scientific (and often also clinical) publications. Each article includes downloadable PowerPoint slides appropriate for use in journal clubs or other didactic sessions.
Profile Set-Up Instructions
Before you register/enroll for any course on the Duke CE Portal you must set up a profile with a valid ID/Password.
Directions for this course
1. After creating a profile, search for and enroll in this session.
2. On the course "start page" you will see the requirements of this course represented by Icons. You will have to click on these icons in order to complete the requirements in course. Once you complete one, the next associated requirement will unlock.
3. Read the CME Essentials document. After you review the CME Essentials doucment return to the course start page.
4. Click on the Journal Aritcle icon (this will open in a new window). Read the article. After you read the article click on the link at the end of the article that will bring you back to this page.
5. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click "Take Course." You will see the icons "CME Essentials" and "Journal Article" marked as completed tasks.
6. Click on the Post Test icon. Click "Preview Quiz". Click "OK" to confirm, then complete the quiz. When you are finished, click "Submit and Finish". Click "OK" to confirm submission.
7. Review your Post Test results. If you did not score at least 80%, you will need to retake the quiz (you allowed to do this an additional 2 times). To retake the quiz, click the "Start again" button.
8. After successfully passing the post test with an 80% or above, click the "Return to start page" button.
9. Cick on the Evaluation icon and complete and submit the evaluation.
10. Attest to your credits in the box presented (up to 1 hour).
11. You will be presented with a link to download your Certificate. Click on that link and your certificate will open as a pdf document.