Stronger Together, 2015—Midlife Matters: Menopause, Sexuality and Women’s Health
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Interprofessional Continuing Education Course
A lack of gender-based research at the national level has lead to a lack of evidence-based clinical guidelines tailored to women, making it difficult for providers to navigate women’s health issues in the exam room. Despite some progress, gender-based strategies for detection, diagnosis and treatment are not widely incorporated into clinical practice.
Duke Medicine’s Biennial Regional Women’s Health Conference is designed to update and provide new evidence based information to physicians and other health care providers on evaluating and managing diverse mid-life women who frequently struggle with challenging psychosocial and physical health concerns that include menopause, sexuality and pelvic floor disorders. The conference will be an interactive educational forum in which internationally-recognized speakers will provide valuable information and insight into the unique challenges of diagnosing and treating mid-life women with these concerns. Cases will be woven into each session and special attention will be paid to the evidence based research that leads to best practices for these patients.
Course agenda (Updated Nov 13, 2014)
[discount applied automatically at cart]
A written notice of cancellation must be received 15 days prior to April 11, 2015. A $25 cancellation fee will be assessed at that time; after that date cancellation request cannot be honored.
For information on "A Community Engagement Event" please click here: https://dcri.org/events/stronger-together-community-event
- Identify the best practices and counseling guidelines in communicating with your mid-life female patients about sexuality and sexual health
- Describe at least 3 tools a provider can use to enhance communication about a female patient’s sexual health
- Identify the best practices for getting a sexual history from your mid-life female patients, how to ask the most effective and efficient questions and then how to best treat the complaint(s) with sensitivity and awareness of cultural and sexual diversity.
- Describe the possible physiological and physical changes that mid-life women experience that affect their sexual interest, comfort and performance
- Compare and Contrast the best evidence based options for treating a mid-life women’s sexual concerns
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE IN ETHOS
(NEW USERS ONLY):
Before you can register for the course, you are required to set up your profile in EthosCE. If you do NOT have a profile for the Duke CE Portal, please follow the steps below
- Click on the following link,http://continuingeducation.dcri.duke.edu/ then select Join in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. For further instructions please click on the following link to our quick refernce card or watch the video Using the Duke CE portal: http://youtu.be/OvLYJXKT1Ac
- Once you have created a Profile, you will then receive an email from the system confirming you as a user. Click on the link in the email to create your password. You will then notice in the upper right hand corner of the page that you are now logged into your account.
- Keep a record of the ID/password. If you register for CME credit you will need to complete the certification process using the Duke CME Portal.
HOW TO REGISTER/ENROLL IN A COURSE IN ETHOS:
- In the upper right hand corner of the Ethos Home Page, type in the name of the course Stronger Together, in the search bar. For help watch the video Searching and Registering for an activity:http://youtu.be/44SNOzxyC0U
- Click on the web link which will then direct you to the course landing page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, select the type of credit requesting and click "add to cart".
IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY REGISTERING, PLEASE CONTACT THE SERVICE DESK AT: 919.668.8916.
TO COMPLETE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND CLAIM CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Attest to your hours of completion.
- Download your certificate
- For assitance with PRINTING TRANSCRIPTS & CERTIFICATES: http://youtu.be/nGVhVYoXnMA
- 6.50 ACPE - Pharmacist
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 6.50 ANCC
- 6.50 Attendance