Thoracic Surgery Grand Rounds and D&C
September 2, 2015
Moderator: Peter Smith, M.D.
Professor of Surgery
Jeff Yang, M.D.
Resident, General Surgery
1) Locally Advanced Small Cell Lung Cancer Surgery vs Non Operative Management
2) Wedge vs Segmentectomy For Stage I Non Small Cell Lung Cancer
3) Right vs Left Sided Pneumonectomy After Induction Therapy
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, the Duke University Health System Department of Clinical Education & Professional Development is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Credit Designation Statement
Duke University Health System Department of Clinical Education and Professional Development designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category(s)TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be able to:
1. Discuss technical aspects of cardiothoracic surgery.
2. Discuss clinical research findings and advances in thoracic surgery.
3. Discuss case studies, protocols and treatment guidelines as appropriate to the thoracic surgery practice.
Summary of Faculty Disclosure/Planning Committee
The following speakers and/or planning committee members have indicated they have no relationship(s) with industry to disclose relative to the content of this CME activity: Jeff Yang, MD.
The following speakers and/or planning committee members have indicated that they have relationship(s) with industry to disclose: Peter Smith, MD is a speaker for CSL Behring.
- 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™