Women and Bleeding: Challenges of Hemophilia Carriage, VWD, and Other Rare Bleeding Disorders [Archived Webinar]
This program provides evidence-based, practical information on the signs and symptoms of bleeding disorders, specifically Hemophilia Carriage, VWD, and other rare bleeding disorders, in women and girls. It will discuss the prevalence of these symptoms, and describe the accurate evaluation of, including laboratory assessment of, and the clinical management of these bleeding disorders among women and girls for optimizing their quality of life.
The discrete impact of these conditions on women and girls, as well as the best diagnostic tools, optimal therapies and treatment guidelines will be presented. Healthcare providers will also be introduced to the Hemophilia Federation of America’s approved mobile application as an important collaborative tool that they can put into the hands of their patients to help them more effectively track their bleeding.
TO COMPLETE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND CLAIM CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
1. COMPLETE THE PRE-TEST
2. VIEW THE ARCHIVED WEBINAR
3. COMPLETE THE POST-TEST
4. SUBMIT AN EVALUATION.
5. ATTEST TO YOUR HOURS OF COMPLETION.
6. DOWNLOAD YOUR CERTIFICATE.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE IN ETHOS
(NEW USERS ONLY):
- Before you can register for the course, you are required to set up your profile in EthosCE. Click on the following link, http://continuingeducation.dcri.duke.edu/ then select Join in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page.
- Complete the form to create a Profile and set a new password.
- Keep a record of the ID/password. You will need these credentials each time you register for an event or access your certificate in this portal.
IF YOU HAVE A PROFILE IN THE SYSTEM AND HAVE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE:
At the conclusion of your participation, log back into with your user name and password, click on "take course" at the bottom of the page, complete the activity evaluation, and download your certificate. This action must be completed by June 1, 2015.
IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY REGISTERING, PLEASE CONTACT THE SERVICE DESK AT: 919.668.8916.
At the conclusion of this symposium, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of bleeding disorders in women, including Hemophilia Carriage, VWD and other rare bleeding disorders within the clinical setting
- Determine protocols for evaluating underlying bleeding disorders in women
- Describe the evaluation of bleeding disorders in women, including laboratory assessment
- Explain current guidelines for the optimal treatment of women with hemophilia carriage, VWD and other rare bleeding disorders
- Describe available tools to help women and girls effectively track their bleeding, including the Hemophilia Federation of America’s approved mobile application
Andra James, MD, MPH
Activity Medical Director
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Durham, North Carolina
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 Attendance