2nd Annual Duke Advanced Heart Failure Symposium
This program is officially endorsed by the Heart Failure Society of America. The opinions presented in this educational activity do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the HFSA.
Event Date: September 20, 2014
Event Time: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The overall goal of the activity is to enhance learners’ knowledge in the evaluation and treatment of patients with advanced heart failure. Topics included in this symposium will be novel therapies for acute heart failure, the use of genetics and biomarkers in heart failure management, cardio-oncology, addressing the problem of heart failure readmissions, and patient selection and management for heart transplantation and ventricular assist devices.
ACCOMODATIONS AND ROOM RATES
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, 4700 Emperor Blvd., Durham, NC. Rooms are $107 per night plus applicable taxes. The room block will be held until Friday, August 29, 2014, but may sell out prior to this date. To reserve your room at the conference rate, please call 800-325-3535 and identify yourself as part of the Duke Heart Center.
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email (email@example.com) or by fax (1-919-681-7446; attn: Christy Darnell). Registration cancellations received on or before August 19 will be fully refunded minus a processing fee of 5 percent. Cancellation requests submitted between August 20 – September 10 will receive a 50 percent refund minus a processing fee of 5 percent. Cancellation requests received on or September 11 will not be refunded. In the event that the program is cancelled or postponed, we will not be responsible for any travel costs or expenses, including cancellation/change penalties assessed by airlines, travel agencies, or hotels.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PROFILE IN ETHOS
(NEW USERS ONLY):
- Before you can register for the course, you are required to set up your profile in EthosCE. Click on the following link, http://continuingeducation.dcri.duke.edu/ then select Join in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. For further instructions please click on the following link to our quick reference card.
- Once you have created a Profile, you will then receive an email from the system confirming you as a user. Click on the link in the email to create your password. You will then notice in the upper right hand corner of the page that you are now logged into your account.
- Keep a record of the ID/password. If you register for CME credit you will need to complete the certification process using the Duke CME Portal.
HOW TO REGISTER/ENROLL IN A COURSE IN ETHOS:
- In the upper right hand corner of the Ethos Home Page, type in the name of the course, 2nd Annual Duke Advanced Heart Failure Symposium, in the search bar.
- Click on the web link which will then direct you to the course landing page.
- If you are a Non-MD, please choose the payment option below to receive your discount.
- Add to Cart and follow the check out process.
IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY REGISTERING, PLEASE CONTACT THE SERVICE DESK AT: 919.668.8916.
TO COMPLETE ALL COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND CLAIM CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Attest to your hours of completion.
- Download your certificate.
- Review and discuss best practices for acute heart failure therapy, including acute treatment and preventing rehospitalization
- Delineate the best practices for when to refer advanced heart failure patients for evaluation for heart transplant or mechanical cardiac support
- Discuss how new developments in genetics and cardio-oncology impact heart failure management
- Describe the current state of the art mechanical cardiac support for advanced heart failure
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 7.00 Attendance